Mastering the Mechanics: Future Tense
Last updated 5/31/2016
Visual: Walden logo at bottom of screen along with notepad and pencil background.
Audio: Guitar music.
Visual: “Walden University Writing Center. Your writing, grammar, and APA experts” appears in center of screen. Background changes to a close up of a dictionary page and a bright green box that reads: “Mastering the Mechanics: Simple Verb Tenses: Future Tense.” Slide changes to a mostly gray slide with the heading: Verb Tenses.
Below the text reads:
- Place actions in time
- Basic tenses
To the right of the first bullet point is a timeline chart showing the past, present, and future: The past is on the far left, the present is interrupting the line with a vertical line in the middle, and the future is on the far right.
- The teacher uses an authoritarian teaching style.
- The University offers an accelerated program.
- The business declared bankruptcy in 2008
- Colfax (20017) described the problem as “intricate and pervasive” (p. 53).
- In this paper, I will describe childhood obesity
- Beginning next year, the program will provide a reduced tuition option.
Audio: The future tense describes things that will happen in the future. Pretty self-explanatory. "In this paper, I will describe." "Beginning next year, the program will provide a reduced tuition option."
Visual: “Walden University Writing Center. Questions? E-mail [email protected]” appears in center of screen.