Career Planning and Development Events
Career Planning and Development: Office Hours
Do you have a question about your career that you would like to ask the Career Planning team? Join us for office hours! During this live event, you will video chat with your fellow students, alumni, and a representative of the Career Planning and Development staff. In this session, we will discuss career planning resources that may include the following topics:
- Career Exploration: Learn more about how to explore career options, potential employers, and job opportunities. Gain strategies and resources to prepare you for your next career move.
- Resumes and CVs: Get advice for developing eye-catching resumes and CVs! Learn strategies for highlighting your accomplishments and skills.
- Networking: Learn more about becoming actively involved in professional associations, volunteering, or connecting with groups in your community.
- Interviewing: Join the conversation where we will discuss preparing for the interview, showcasing your achievements, answering challenging interview questions, and learning how to leave a lasting impression.
You can choose to attend one or more of the following sessions:
- Wednesday, October 18 at 11 a.m. CT (12 noon ET)
- Thursday, November 16 at 5 p.m. CT (6 pm ET)
- Thursday, December 14 at 11 a.m. CT (12 noon ET)
Explore career research sites and tools that can help you uncover career options, jobs, employers, and more! Discover how Career Planning and Development can help you prepare for your next career move.
Thursday, September 28 at 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET)
Write a Winning Resume
Gain strategies to develop an eye-catching resume and discover the resume resources and tools available to you on the Career Planning and Development website. We will focus on resume formatting, writing impactful accomplishment statements, and tailoring your document toward specific job and experiential opportunities.
Create a Custom Cover Letter
Do you need to write a cover letter and don’t know where to begin? In this session, you will learn tips for writing memorable cover letters for jobs and other experiential opportunities. We will explore ways to organize and enhance your letter and share samples, tools, and resources on the Career Planning and Development website to make the process easier.