Microsoft Word is a software program that allows to you create documents.
Word allows you to create documents from scratch or use a template. Walden-specific Word templates are available at Walden's Writing Center.
MS Word Formatting Quick Answers
- MS Word Formatting: Adjusting Default Font, Line, and Paragraph Settings for APA 7
- MS Word Formatting: Adjusting Spacing Between Paragraphs
- MS Word Formatting: Using the Ruler for Tabs/Indents
- MS Word Formatting: Feedback through Track Changes and Bubble Comments
- MS Word Formatting: Using Tabs for Dot Leaders in a Table of Contents
- MS Word Formatting: Hanging Indents for Reference Lists
Microsoft Support Resources
- Apply Styles
- Customize or Create New Styles
- Choose a Quick Style Set for a Document
- Add or Remove Styles from the Quick Styles Gallery
- Insert a Page Break (including next page, continuous, even/odd page breaks)
- Remove a Page Break
- Insert, Delete, or Change a Section Break
- Show Section Breaks
- Line and Page Breaks
Bullets and Lists
Inserting Dot Leaders
View our full Word playlist on YouTube
Your Academic Skills Center has 10 short Word Quick Tip videos available on our YouTube channel, ranging from topics such as Double-Spacing to Inserting a Hanging Indent.
Writing Center APA TemplatesThe Writing Center provides templates for Walden University course papers and doctoral capstone studies. These templates are Microsoft Word or PowerPoint files with APA style and Walden-specified formatting.
Go To Templates Page
Accessing Office 365Follow the instructions on the Technology Support page linked below to access your Walden University Office 365 account via your myWalden student portal.
Visit Technology Support
Downloading Word 2016Walden students have access to both Office 365 and the desktop version, MS Word 2016. Visit the Customer Care Office 2016 page linked below for help installing the desktop version.
Visit Customer Care Team
Microsoft Word FAQs
As a Walden student, will I be charged for Office 365?
How do I access Word 365?
How do I install Word 2016 on my computer?
Where can I find all of Microsoft Word's resources?
Is there Microsoft Word tutoring available at Walden?
All the Skills You Need to Succeed.