Grammar Videos Playlist
Note that these videos were created while APA 6 was the style guide edition in use. There may be some examples of writing that have not been updated to APA 7 guidelines.
For transcripts of these videos, please consult our Video Transcripts page.
The elements of grammar are the building blocks of writing. Here are some of the grammar resources available at the Writing Center:
- Grammar instruction on the Writing Center website. These pages provide explanations and examples of some of the various elements of English grammar.
- Grammar and mechanics blog posts. Grammar is a frequent topic on the Writing Center blog. This link will take you to blog posts tagged with “grammar and mechanics.” Check the blog often for new posts.
- Grammar modules. These are self-paced modules to help develop grammar skills. There is also a diagnostic quiz to take to determine which skills to focus on.
- Grammar webinars. These archived webinars are 1 hour in length and focus on sentence structure and various grammatical constructs. The recorded webinars are always available, and each webinar is presented live about once per year.
- Grammarly. This is a free tool available through the Writing Center that can identify and provide feedback regarding grammar, syntax, and spelling errors. Grammarly is best for writers who have a strong grasp of English grammar and may not be helpful for writers who have a large variety and number of sentence-level errors.