The elements of grammar are the building blocks of writing. Here are some of the grammar resources available at the Writing Center:
- Grammar pages on the Writing Center website. These pages provide explanations and examples of some of the various elements of English grammar.
- Grammar and mechanics blog posts. Grammar is a frequent topic on the Writing Center blog. This link will take you to blog posts tagged with “grammar and mechanics.” Check the blog often for new posts.
- Grammar modules. These are self-paced modules to help develop grammar skills. There is also a diagnostic quiz to take to determine which skills to focus on.
- YouTube grammar playlists. These short video clips made by Writing Center staff address various grammatical constructs.
- Grammar webinars. These archived webinars are 1-hour in length and focus on sentence structure and various grammatical constructs. The recorded webinars are always available, and each webinar is presented live about once per year.
- Grammarly. This is a free tool available through the Writing Center that can identify and provide feedback regarding grammar, syntax, and spelling errors. Grammarly is best for writers who have a strong grasp of English grammar and may not be helpful for writers who have a large variety and number of sentence-level errors.