As a peer mentor, I will support my mentees by:
- Being actively engaged with my mentees during the first terms of their doctoral program.
- Connecting mentees to resources critical to their doctoral student success.
- Providing helpful and applicable advice for new doctoral students at Walden.
- Personalizing the feedback and suggestions I provide for each of my mentees.
- Responding to email communications within 24 hours.
- Listening to my mentees and providing opportunities to share their concerns or questions.
- Fostering mentee self-confidence and motivation as a new doctoral student through encouragement, guidance, and “insider tips.”