To complete your Week 4 application, you are asked to locate and analyze two scholarly articles on effective health advocacy campaigns related to a population health issue of your choice.
This guide will walk you through searching for scholarly articles on effective health advocacy campaigns. Specifically, it will cover:
Refer to Weeks 1 and 2 if you need a refresher on identifying search terms.
Week 1: Choose a topic & search terms
Week 2: Identify your search terms
For more detailed information about defining your topic please see our keyword guide.
Here is an example of a search that you can do in the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database to find scholarly articles on effective health advocacy campaigns on a population health issue.
1. On the Library homepage, go to the Subject Resources box.
2. Click on Select a subject and choose: Nursing
3. Scroll down until you see a section called Nursing articles, journals & books.
4. Click on Nursing databases and then click on the link for CINAHL Plus with Full Text to access the database.
Note: If you have not already logged in to the Library databases, you will be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
5. In the first search box enter:
Advocacy OR Campaign OR Program
Note: Connecting these terms with OR tells the database to search for any of these terms.
6. In the second search box enter:
Effective OR Successful
7. In the third search box enter your population health issue. For example:
Here is what your search boxes should look like:
8. To limit your results to only scholarly articles, scroll down the page below the search boxes and click in the box under Peer Reviewed Scholarly Journals.
Click here to see this image in context.
9. Click on the Search button to run your search.
10. This will give you a list of scholarly articles on an effective health advocacy campaign for cancer screening.
If you don't find what you need in the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database, you can also try searching in the MEDLINE with Full Text database, or any of the other nursing databases listed under Nursing databases.