Many of the Library databases, including CINAHL Plus with Full Text, have a special limiter so that your searches return only peer-reviewed articles. They also allow you to set a date limit for your search.
Here is a search that you can do in the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database to find peer-reviewed articles from the last five years with our keywords for this topic.
1. When you are on the Nursing Research page, scroll down until you see a section called Nursing databases.
Note: For more information on accessing the Nursing Research page, please see the access nursing resources instructions above.
2. Click on Nursing databases and then click on the link for CINAHL Plus with Full Text to access the database.
Note: If you have not already logged in to the Library databases, you will be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
3. Now you are on a search screen with three Search boxes.
In the top search box type:
In the middle search box type:
In the bottom search box type:
Your search boxes will look like this:
4. To limit your results to only full-text, peer-reviewed articles, go below the search boxes and click in the boxes under Full Text and Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
Note: Many Library databases include citations for articles that they don't have in full text, meaning the full article isn't available. Limiting your results to only full text will ensure that all of the articles you find will be available.
5. To limit your results to only the last five years, go further down on the page. Under Published Date enter the year range that you want.
In the first Year box, enter the year that was five years ago. For example:
Leave the second Year box empty and the search will default to the current year.
Note: You also don't have to fill out the months, they will default to January and the current month respectively.
6. Then click on the Search button to run your search.
7. That should give you a list of peer-reviewed articles from the last five years on your topic.
8. Once you identify an article that looks interesting, click on the PDF Full Text link to open the article.
To learn more about picking appropriate keywords, please see our guide: