Books at Walden overview
We have over 100,000 books on wide-ranging topics, from encyclopedias and handbooks to in-depth scholarly works. All of our books are online. We do not own or send out any physical copies.
You can search for all of our books at once using the Library book search. You can search for books in individual book collections as well.
Library Book Search
- searches all books and encyclopedias
- search by title, author and keywords in the book summary or chapter titles, if available
- does not search the within the full content (full text) of the book
- search using broad search terms that would appear in the book or chapter titles, such as nursing theory instead of an individual theorist
- difficult to browse by topic or subject area
Individual Book Collections
- only searches books in that specific collection
- need to search each collection individually to do a complete search
- search by title, author, subjects, and keywords, plus the full text of books
- This is useful for finding narrower and more obscure topics, including the names of people, places, etc.
- search using more specific search terms, such as the name of an individual theorist
- easier to browse by topic or subject area
Locate books using the book search
Use the Library book search to find books and encyclopedias in many different collections.
- Enter broad search terms in the search box. For example, if you are looking for books on education theory, you would enter education theory.
- Click the search icon to search.
- You will see a list of search results that include books and encyclopedias.
- To view a book, click the Find @ Walden button.
Find full-text books in individual collections: