Find peer reviewed articles
Assignment text: Research your selected program in the Walden Library or other reputable academic sources to locate peer-reviewed empirical literature on its effectiveness.
Provide an annotated bibliography for at least 3 peer-reviewed empirical articles that you plan to use in your Final Project that have been published in scholarly journals describing/evaluating/critiquing your chosen intervention program. Please use the Walden Writing Center resource in this week’s Learning Resources to familiarize yourself with the format and requirements for an annotated bibliography.
Please Note: Many of the websites that discuss the specific intervention programs have citations of research that determine the program’s effectiveness. This is a good place to start for your literature review.
***Note: A list of intervention programs to be used for this assignment can be found in the Final Project Guidelines document available in the Week 6 Resources.
What is an emperical research article?
Empirical research articles are research-based articles reporting observed and measured phenomena. It is research that derives knowledge from actual experience rather than from theory or belief. Articles reporting on empirical research can be quite long, and almost always contain the following sections:
- An introduction and literature review of related research (and a list of references at the end of the article)
- A statement of the research question(s) and method used to gather the data
- Analysis of the results of the data gathered (this may be quantitative or qualitative)
- A discussion or conclusion
- A substantial list of the references consulted throughout the article