Review example treatment plans and find research literature that supports your chosen intervention choices.
The instructions below will help you find an appropriate subject database to conduct your search for peer-reviewed articles related to interventions on your chosen client or problem.
1. Start on the Walden Library Home Page.
2. Click on Social Work from the Select a Subject list in the center of the page.
3. To see the social work database links, click on Social work databases under Social Work articles, journals, & books.
4. Click on SocINDEX with Full Text.
Log in with your myWalden email and password.
5. Type your keywords into the search boxes. For example:
First Search Box:
Second Search Box:
Enter your chosen client type or problem
6. Under the search boxes, select the Full Text and Peer Reviewed Scholarly Journals check boxes.
7. Click on Search.
Try other keywords including:
Try using the AND and OR connectors. For example:
drug addiction OR drug abuse OR substance abuse OR drug use
senior citizen OR older people OR elderly OR aging
intervention AND alcoholism
Learn more about AND, OR, and NOT (Boolean operators) in the guide below.