Conduct research on cultural awareness within social work practice and the skills necessary for incorporating it into practice with diverse populations.
The instructions below will help you find an appropriate subject database to conduct your search for peer-reviewed articles on cultural competence, social work, and your chosen demographic.
1. Start on the Walden Library Home Page.
2. Click on Social Work from the Select a Subject list in the center of the page.
3. To see the social work database links, click on Social work databases under Social Work articles, journals, & books.
4. Click on SocINDEX with Full Text.
Log in with your myWalden e-mail and password.
5. Type your keywords into the search boxes. For example:
First Search Box:
Second Search Box:
Third Search Box:
Enter your chosen demographic.
6. Under the search boxes, select the Full Text and Peer Reviewed Scholarly Journals check boxes.
7. Click on Search.
Try using different keywords including:
Add the keyword skills to find articles on specific skills that promote cultural awareness in social work practice.