For this Discussion you will need to locate a newspaper article that provides a current example of discrimination or oppression.
By the end of this guide you will be able to:
For this example, let's search in Academic Search Complete for a current newspaper article on discrimination or oppression.
1. Start at the Walden Library Homepage
2. Click on Databases A-Z
3. Click on A for a list of databases starting with A. Click on Academic Search Complete
4. Now we are on the search page. In the first search box type: discrimination OR oppression
6. In the drop-down menu to the right of the search field, select SU Subject Terms
7. Check the box marked Full Text
8. Under Publication Type, select Newspaper
9. Click Search
On the results page, you can use the sort feature to organize the search results from newest to oldest.
1. Click the Relevance drop-down menu
2. Click Date Newest
To acquire a working URL of the article, we need to find the permalink. Unfortunately, the URL in your browser window is unstable and not suitable for citation. To find the permalink of an article:
1. Click on the title of an article you are interested in.
2. Click on Permalink
3. Copy the URL address in the Permalink box