To complete your Week 1 discussion assignment you are asked to find a current, popular press article on a social, economic, technological, ethical, or legal issue that impacts health care delivery in the United States.
The goal of this guide is to help you locate a popular press article that you can assess for this assignment.
You will learn:
Once you've picked a topic, you'll be ready to search in a database to find articles on your chosen issue and health care in the United States.
A great database for popular sources (e.g., newspapers and magazines) is our ProQuest Central Database!
Here are the steps necessary for performing a search on your topic in ProQuest Central:
1. On the Library homepage, click on the Databases A-Z button.
2. Choose the letter P from the alphabet that runs across the page.
3. Scroll down and click click on ProQuest Central.
Note: If you have not already logged in to the Library databases, you'll be prompted to log in with your myWalden Portal user name and password.
4. Once you are in the database, enter your keywords in the search boxes.
First search box:
Health Care and United States
Second search box:
If you already know what social, economic, technological, ethical, or legal issue you are interested in, type a keyword to describe it in the second search box. If you can't think of one, just leave this box empty.
Reflection: What search terms come to mind when you consider completing this assignment? Can you make a list of a few possible ideas?
5. Below the search boxes, change the Publication Date drop-down box to Last 3 months.
6. In the Source type box select Magazines and Newspapers.
7. Then click on the Search button to run your search.
8. Click on the Full text link to view the article.
9. If you don't find any articles on your topic, consider trying different keywords or choosing a different issue.