For this module’s wiki post, you will research a language development theory from this module’s Required Reading that is of interest to you. Please choose one of the following theories:
The instructions below will help you find information for your wiki post on the theorist of your choice.
The Education Research page is the place to find recommended databases for your searches. Below is a sample search in Education Source, the best place to start searching for articles on your education related topic. Follow these steps to run your search:
1. From the Library homepage, go to the Subject Resources box.
2. Click on Select a subject and choose Education from the drop-down list. Now you will be at the Education Research guide. This guide has links to the databases used most often for Education research.
3. Now choose the database: Education Source. You will have to login with your myWalden email and password.
4. Now you are on a search screen with three Search boxes. Break your topic down into just keywords and type one concept or keyword(s) per box, separating synonyms with the word OR. The example below illustrates a search for technology trends in higher education:
In the top search box type: technology OR technological
In the middle search box type: trends
In the third box type: higher education
Here's what the search boxes will look like:
5. Under the search boxes, click inside the check mark boxes for "Full Text" and "Peer Reviewed".
6. Click the Search button.
Look through the articles' subject lines and abstracts if you need additional vocabulary to search.
For more information about how to choose keywords and combine them for the most effective searches look at these guides: