Search CINAHL for articles on theorists & theories
To identify articles relating to a nursing theory or theorist you can search in CINAHL Plus with Full Text.
- Go to the CINAHL Plus with Full Text database and click on the CINAHL Headings link in the blue tool bar at the top of the page. CINAHL headings allows us to search by subject instead of by keyword.
- In the browse box enter the theorist's last name. For instance, to find the Neuman Systems Model, enter Neuman and click the Browse button.
- Neuman Systems Model will be the first on the list of suggestions (also notice that it finds Newman Health Mode).
- Check the box next to Neuman Systems Model in the list.
- Once you select your term, a green Search Database button will appear in the right side of the screen. Click on this button to run your search.
- On the results page you can limit to only Full Text and Scholarly Peer Reviewed Journals article by selecting these limits in the left margin and clicking on Update.
- You should now have a list of full text, peer reviewed articles related to your theorist or theory.