These are some tests that are frequently used to evaluate the mental competency to stand trial.
You may find other tests and assessments listed in your textbook.
The tests below were found using the Health and Psychsocial Instruments database
2. Limit your search to only peer review journals by checking the box next to Peer Reviewed.
3. Type competency to stand trial OR legal insanity OR criminal liability OR fitness to stand trial in the 1st search box.
4. Type assessment OR measure OR survey OR test OR instrument in the 2nd search box.
Tip: The word OR between words tells the database to look for any of those words in the results.
The search will look like this:
If you know the name of the test you want to use you can search for that instead of the search shown above.
You can start with the database that you chose above. If you do not find any results, switch to one of the other databases.
1. Type schizophrenia OR paranoid schizophrenia in the 1st search box. (if you think of other words that better describe the case study you can use those instead of or in addition to the words listed here).
2. Type competency to stand trial OR legal insanity OR criminal liability OR fitness to stand trial in the second search box.
Your search will look something like the image below