Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Academic Residencies
This is a list of all scheduled Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) residencies except those scheduled for the PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision (CES) and the Blended Academic Year in Residence (BAYR).
PhD Programs include:
PhD Clinical Psychology (CLIN)
PhD Criminal Justice (CRJS)
PhD Developmental Psychology (DEVP)
PhD Education (EDUC)
PhD Forensic Psychology (FORP)
PhD Health Education and Promotion (HEP)
PhD Health Services (HLTH)
PhD Human Services (HUMN)
PhD Industrial/Organizational Psychology (IOP)
PhD Management (MGMT)
PhD Nursing (NURS)
PhD Psychology (PSYC)
PhD Public Health (PUBH)
PhD Public Policy and Administration (PPA)
PhD Social Work (SWRK)
Register for and attend your first PhD residency as soon as you begin your program.
Exception: International students wishing to attend an in-person residency in the U.S. should register for a residency that is 3-4 months after your start date and immediately apply for your I-20. View the SEVIS/I-20 site for complete information about the requirement for travel to U.S. residencies.
View the Residency Timing table for information about when to complete the required and optional residencies for your PhD program.
- For assistance in determining which residency to register for, please view the details on When to Register.
- View How to Register for a residency, and then log in to myWalden to register.
- You will receive a registration confirmation email within two business days after your residency registration is processed. If you do not receive a registration confirmation email, please contact University Events at [email protected] to request a registration confirmation.
- To drop your residency, please contact Student Success Advising at [email protected].
Residency events through February 2024 are open for registration. Event dates for 2024 will be available in late-November.
For the calendar of Walden's optional PhD Dissertation Intensive Retreats, click HERE.
If your selected residency is waitlisted, contact your Student Success Advisor and request to be placed on the waitlist.
- Provide a "last date to register" if seating should become available.
- Registration is NOT guaranteed.
- If seating becomes available for your selected location, you will be registered for the residency (up to your specified last date) and receive an email from the Registration Team.
- At that time, you should see the course listed in your myWalden portal and, within a few days, you'll receive your travel and event information / registration confirmation email.
- DO NOT MAKE ANY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS until you are officially registered AND your selected course appears in your myWalden portal course listing.