Successful completion of internship, as with practicum, includes passing both coursework and fieldwork requirements. The final grades for the field experience courses are either Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U). A deficiency in any item listed below will result in a U grade for the course. All requirements, including hourly requirements, evaluations, and time logs, must be completed by the end of Week 10; if hourly requirements are not met, then you will need to request an Internship Extension (see Incomplete (I) Grades and Extensions). Incomplete (I) grades are not awarded for internship.
Successful completion of the internship course includes all the following requirements:
- Successful completion of all coursework assignments with a cumulative score of 80% or above.
- Attendance and active participation in all faculty group supervision videoconferences (minimum of 15 hours for each quarter of internship), as well as individual or triadic supervision each week of the quarter (minimum of 10 hours for each quarter of internship).
- Completion of all hourly requirements for the internship as shown on the time log approved by triadic and faculty supervisors.
- Satisfactory End-of-Quarter Evaluation of Student at a minimum of an intermediate level (rating of 3 or above) and endorsement for progression provided by Walden triadic supervisor.
- No concerns or reservations expressed by the faculty supervisor regarding your ability to continue with professional practice curriculum; satisfactory evaluation at a minimum of an intermediate level (rating of 3 or above) and endorsement for progression provided by faculty supervisor.
- No concerns or reservations regarding your ability to continue with professional practice curriculum expressed by the field experience coordinators or director upon end of quarter audit.
- Adherence to all SOC-OFE policies outlined in the Field Experience Manual, as well as site and university policies, the ACA Code of Ethics, and all state regulations for counseling professionals.