You may be approved to provide counseling services to clients in their homes if all the following requirements are met:
- You complete the Walden Home-Based and Community-Based Safety Training prior to beginning the field experience.3F
- Services are provided in a home with no known history of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, or active substance abuse, and/or where a member of the household has a felony record for a violent crime (murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault).
- The site supervisor ensures you are provided with safety training and the crisis protocol of the site.
- The in-home counseling addendum to the affiliation agreement is completed (see Affiliation Agreements).
For unlicensed students
- The Walden-approved site supervisor or site-approved designee will accompany you any time you are in the home of a client. You cannot enter the home or provide home-based services without the Walden-approved site supervisor or site-approved designee.
- The site supervisor or designee assesses each home for safety by identifying an appropriate space for sessions and establishes ground rules with clients or, in the case of minor clients, guardians, prior to you going into the home.
Note: Your field experience application must be approved with in-home counseling specifically indicated before you can provide in-home counseling services during field experience.
 This training is required for all students applying for field experiences starting in the Summer of 2022.