Applying for practicum can be a lengthy process. The Office of Field Experience recommends that you start the process early enough to remedy any problems that may arise before your application is due. Applications are due the first day of the quarter before you plan to start your practicum. Students must submit one application per practicum course and one application per field site and preceptor. Deadlines are firm.
|Term||Term Start Date||Application Deadline|
|Spring - 1 - Weeks 1-6||February 25, 2019||January 07, 2019|
|Spring - 2 - Weeks 7-12||April 08, 2019||February 25, 2019|
|Summer - 1 - Weeks 1-6||May 28, 2019||April 08, 2019|
|Summer - 2 - Weeks 7-12||July 08, 2019||May 28, 2019|
|Fall - 1 - Weeks 1-6||August 26, 2019||July 08, 2019|
|Fall - 2 - Weeks 7-12||October 7, 2019||August 26, 2019|
|Winter - 1 - Weeks 1-6||November 25, 2019||October 7, 2019|
What do I need in order to submit my application?
From Your Mentor Nominee
From Your Field Site
For Webinars, FAQs, and Tutorials on how to submit your application, please go here.
What is Meditrek?
Meditrek, a product of HSoft Corporation, is a user-friendly online tool that will help you apply for, track, and manage your practicum experience. Meditrek will help you:
Log into Meditrek HERE
For additional information check Determining the Status of Your Application.
Applications will not be reviewed in the Incomplete, Incomplete-Started, Returned or Closed status. If you are planning to use an application in this status action is required. The email sent you from Meditrek on the date of the status change will give more information. If you have additional questions reach out to the Field Experience after you have read the Meditrek email and checked your Meditrek profile.
What Happens After an Application is Submitted
1. When you successfully submit your application, you will receive an automatic email from Meditrek stating it was submitted.
2. You should allow 2-3 weeks (3-4 during peak time) to receive a response from a Field Education Coordinator via your Walden Email.
3. The application and the affiliation agreement are two separate entities being worked on simultaneously.
4. You will receive an email reply with one of the following in regards to your application
5. We process applications as they come in and if we identify an error later we are able to override the approval.
6. You can log in to Meditrek at any time to see the status of your application.