Public Health Nursing
Total Hours: 360
- NURS 6720: Population-Based Public Health Nursing Interventions
- Didactic: 2 credits
- Practicum: 3 credits
- Total Hours: 216
- NURS 6730: Public Health Nursing Leadership
- Didactic: 3 credits
- Practicum: 2 credits
- 144 hours
Prerequisites for NURS 6720: Population-Based Public Health Nursing Interventions include NURS 6710, PUBH 6034, and NURS 6700.
Prerequisites for NURS 6730: Public Health Nursing Leadership: include PUBH 6475 and NURS 6720.
Note: NURS 6720 and NURS 6730 cannot be taken together.
Course Specific Requirement
NURS 6720: Population-based Public Health Nursing Interventions*
- Possible Preceptor Choices: Registered nurses employed in a public health role with a PhD, DNP, MSN, or MPH
- Nominated preceptors who have a public health role but who do not have an advanced degree in nursing may be acceptable if students have a co-preceptor.
- Possible Site Choices: Local, state, or national public health departments; community centers or agencies (including voluntary, nonprofit, and/or nongovernmental organizations) focused on population care, environmental health, disaster management, and health education; public schools (school nursing)
- Nonacceptable Site Choices: Home visits
*Please Note: For NURS 6720 and NURS 6730 it is preferred that the student remain at the same practicum site.