Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Overview
FNP Clinical Checklist
General MSN Preceptor Requirements
Course Specific Requirement
PRAC 6531: Primary Care of Adults Across the Lifespan Practicum
- Types of Patients: Ages 18 and older in the primary care setting for primary care
- Types of Services: Assessment and management of primary care
- Possible Preceptor Choices:
- Primary care: MD, DO, PA, FNP, AGNP
- Family practice: MD, DO, PA, FNP, AGNP
- Internal medicine: MD, DO, PA, FNP
Note: The preceptor’s practice cannot have a specialty.
- Possible Site Choices: Family practice, internal medicine practice, or primary care clinic; additional sites that may be acceptable include health departments and retail clinics that provide primary care
- Nonacceptable Sites: Acute care facilities (hospitals, surgery centers, EDs, emergent or urgent care clinics), specialty clinics, long-term care facilities, university health services, hospice care centers, pain management centers, home care, cancer centers, and correctional facilities.
- Requirements: 160 hours; minimum 120 patients