Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Overview
FNP Clinical Checklist
General MSN Preceptor Requirements
Course Specific Requirements
PRAC 6553: Advanced Nurse Practice in Obstetric Health Care Practicum
- Types of Patients: Focused on the care of pregnant women of all ages with services ranging from preconception to postpartum
- Types of Services: Provides obstetrical care, including preconception, obstetrical visits, and postpartum care
- Possible Preceptor Choices: OB/GYN MD, maternal fetal medicine MD, DO who sees OB patients, perinatologist, Certified Nurse Midwife, FNP, PA, WHNP
- Possible Site Choices: OB/Gyn practices, family practice that manages OB patients, hospital clinics, hospitals, health department, Planned Parenthood
- Nonacceptable Sites: Urgent care clinics, EDs, primary care clinics, internal medicine clinics.
- Requirements: 160 hours; 100 OB patients.