Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Overview
FNP Clinical Checklist
General MSN Preceptor Requirements
Course Specific Requirements
PRAC 6568: Synthesis in Advanced Nursing Practice of Patients in Family Care Settings
- Types of Patients: Care of patients across the lifespan
- Types of Services: Assessment and management of acute and chronic health conditions of patients across the lifespan
- Possible Preceptor Choices:
- Primary care: MD, DO, PA, FNP
- Family practice: MD, DO, PA, FNP
- Internal medicine: MD, DO, PA, FNP
Note: The preceptor’s practice cannot have a specialty.
- Possible Site Choices: Family practice, internal medicine practice, primary care clinic Note: Additional sites that may be acceptable include health departments and urgent care facilities that provide primary care.
- Nonacceptable Sites: Acute care facilities (e.g., hospitals, surgery centers, EDs, emergent care clinics), urgent care, retail clinics, specialty clinics, long-term care facilities, university health services, hospice care centers, pain management centers, cancer centers, and correctional facilities.
- Requirements: 160 hours; minimum 160 patients