Director of Academic Initiatives & Walden Center for Social Change
Dr. Schulz is currently the Director of Academic Initiatives and the Founding Director of Walden University’s Center for Social Change. He was previously an Associate Dean of Walden’s School of Management, and Director of the Tagliatela School of Business and Leadership at Albertus Magnus College. Bill is an award-winning scholar in the fields of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, whose book, Creating Value Through Skill-Based Strategic Thinking and Entrepreneurial Leadership (Schulz & Hofer, Pergamon, 1999) has received critical acclaim. He earned a Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the University of Georgia, and a Master of Science in Political Science & Public Policy from Indiana University.
- MS in Political Science and Public Policy from Indiana University
- PhD in Strategic Management from the University of Georgia
- Meals on Wheels, Greenville, SC
- Fountain Inn Chorale, President. Fountain Inn, SC
Awards and Honors
- Academy of Management & NFIB Best Dissertation in Entrepreneurship & Strategy, Academy of Management & NFIB
- Best Dissertation Research--Innovation & Technology, Operations Research Society of America (ORSA) and The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS)
Spotlight: Creating Communities for Change
(2017). It's probably part of the reason you chose to attend Walden--our emphasis on positive social change. As we move toward Walden's 50th anniversary in 2020, we are refining the focus on this pillar of a Walden education.
Schulz, W. C., Hofer, C. W. (2000). Creating Value Through Skill-Based Strategy & Entrepreneurial Leadership.
Schulz, W. C. (2013). Leadership Throughout an Organization Promotes Sustainable Success. Leader’s Edge Newsletter.
Schulz, W. C. (2016). Are You Prepared to See the Forest and the Trees? Learning to See Strategically While Acting Tactically. The Journal of the American Management Association.