We are a connective hub that promotes, facilitates, and supports collaborative partnerships, events, projects, service, and action research that lead to purposeful action for sustainable positive social change.
Our three commitments are to:
- Empower Changemakers
- Build Community
- Elevate social change outcomes across the university
The mission of the Walden University Center for Social Change is to be a connective hub that promotes, facilitates, and supports collaborative alliances, action research, and projects that lead to purposeful action for sustainable positive social change.
Our vision is to build a center that can serve as a meaningful, action-oriented catalyst, to help individuals and organizations focused on positive social change to connect, and to provide information that will support Walden University’s commitments to foster social change through research, projects, community engagement and the education of scholar-practitioners.
Our Guiding Values
We seek to:
- Listen carefully and deeply about the needs of others so we can be authentically responsive
- Embrace difference
- Be inclusive
- Inspire ourselves and others to learn about how to foster social change in many contexts
- Be understanding of others
- Engage others for sustainable positive change
- Be creative
- Be advocates for positive, collaborative change
- Be trustworthy, dedicated research collaborators for positive change
- Be systemic in our thinking about inter-relationships that affect social change