Prior Learning Credit Policies
Prior Learning Credit Limitations
Students can have their skills and competencies evaluated for college level credit by the following methods:
1) National testing programs (examinations)
2) ACE approved occupational credits or certain types of ACE approved credits
3) Portfolio as recommended by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or Walden’s Office of Degree Acceleration.
4) Corporate trainings that provide preparation for professional certifications
5) Professional Certifications
No more than 90 quarter credits from a combination of these categories will be accepted as transfer to Walden University.
Portfolio Submission Appeal Process
If students believe that their assessment was not properly assessed they may submit a written appeal to the Office of Degree Acceleration at [email protected] within 30 days of the decision. The student’s portfolio will be submitted to another faculty portfolio assessor for review. The review may take up to 14 calendar days.
Once the faculty portfolio assessor provides the review to the Office of Degree Acceleration it will be reviewed by the Associate Director of the center for final review. The student will be notified of the final decision of the appeal. No further action can be taken by the student after the appeal process is complete.