Establishing a new student organization at Walden University can take up to ~12 weeks. Students, staff and faculty members who are interested in establishing a new student organization (honor society, professional organization or affinity group) at Walden University should review the steps outlined below. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested students, staff or faculty should review the Walden University Student Organization guidelines below to determine if their group interest meets the guidelines for formal student organizations.
• Student organizations are organized and active groups that, in many cases, are affiliated with national or international organizations or are Walden-sponsored.
• If Walden sponsored, the group will be considered an “Affinity Group”.
• A student organization’s mission or purpose must align with the mission of Walden University and the College or School to which the student organization relates.
• Student organizations must be formally organized, have a defined purpose and maintain a constitution and organization by-laws.
• Student organizations must provide an annual report on the activities of the student organization.
• Student organizations must secure a minimum of 2 faculty and/or staff advisors prior to submitting the required Walden University organizational form.
• Student organizations and student organization members must abide by Walden University’s Code of Conduct in conducting the organization’s activities.
If Walden conditionally approves a new student organization, but a national or international office approval is needed:
• Apply for and receive national/international office approval (see the applicable website for information and the process for the specific national/international organization).
• After receiving national/international office approval, these student organizations must submit a copy of the approval letter to email@example.com and then the organization may begin development of the student organization structure, the required constitution and by-laws, an initial membership drive, induction ceremonies, etc. in collaboration with the faculty advisors.
Request approval through the Walden University approval process:
All Walden-approved student organizations must submit an annual report form, member roster, and constitution and/or bylaws (if updated during the past year). Requests for updates will be sent to the primary faculty advisor on file with the Office of Student Affairs annually (around January).
If there are changes throughout the year to the primary faculty or student officer contacts, please update the Office of Academic Affairs by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.