Introducing our 2024 Student Life Leadership Council Members!
Please join us in welcoming our talented and dedicated group of student leaders serving on the council this year.
We are confident that each member will bring fresh perspectives and contribute significantly to the betterment of the Walden Community.
- Pamela Atueyi
- Akila Brown
- Helena Dalton
- Gavriela Freij
- Eric Gonzalez
- Theodore Hostikka
- Elizabeth Moya
- Alfred Poyser
- Gloria Ramirez
- Randy Stevens
- Shenequa Stevens
- Angelique Taylor
- Julie Uribe
- Bryan Whiteside
- Christine Wilcox
Walden University’s Office of Student Affairs is excited to announce the new Student Life Leadership Council. The Student Life Leadership Council is a volunteer/non-paid council designed to provide a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Walden University student organizations.
A Walden University Student Life Leadership Council member exemplifies the qualities for leadership, scholarship and commitment to the Student Life, Leadership and Engagement mission. Members are among the first to hear student organization news, share input with university leadership, access networking and professional development opportunities, and receive special school spirit items.
Any current student involved in a student organization:
- Undergraduate: at least 20 credits completed and have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher at the time of application.
- Graduate: at least 9 credits completed and have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher at the time of application.
- Foster relationships between exceptional students and the Office of Student Affairs.
- Provide leadership opportunities for engaged and exceptional students.
- Build trust.
- Provide advocacy opportunities.
- Provide public speaking opportunities.
- Provide an opportunity for students and alumni to be part of a small, exceptional group of students committed to the success of Walden and its students.
- Provide mentoring opportunities for ambassadors to pursue.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Applications are due by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on October 29, 2023. Apply via this link: bit.ly/2023SLLCApplication
- A Letter of Recommendation will be required to submit an application
- Selected candidates will be notified by December 1, 2023
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend quarterly meetings with the team from SLLE or as needed (may be monthly)
- Attend a mandatory orientation.
- Engage and attend at least five Student Life, Leadership, and Engagement events annually.
- May serve as a host for events.
- May serve as a mentor for new student organization officers.
- Speak to student organizations or accreditation requests as requested.
- Have a positive, caring and personable attitude.
- Have the ability to speak positively and authentically about their Walden experience.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong listening skills.
- Involvement in Walden programs, honor societies and/or student organizations
- Self-starter; strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Be able to use a variety of mediums and digital applications (ex. Email, SharePoint, Zoom, Teams, Facebook, etc.)
This position is voluntary and non-paid.