Overall Credit Maximums
Students may transfer in a maximum of 135 quarter credits toward completion of a Walden Undergraduate degree program. The 135 external quarter credit maximum can be met via traditional course transfer or a combination of traditional course transfer and prior learning credit.
Prior Learning Credit Limitations
Students can have their skills and competencies evaluated for college level credit by the following methods:
1) National testing programs (examinations)
2) ACE approved occupational credits or certain types of ACE approved credits
3) Portfolio as recommended by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or Walden’s Center for Degree Acceleration.
4) Corporate trainings that provide preparation for professional certifications
5) Professional Certifications
No more than 30 quarter credits from any one of these categories will be accepted as transfer to Walden University with a maximum total amount of combined prior learning credit not to exceed the following:
If students believe that their assessment was not properly assessed they may submit a written appeal to the Center for Degree Acceleration at email@example.com within 30 days of the decision. The student’s portfolio will be submitted to another faculty portfolio assessor for review. The review may take up to 14 calendar days.
Once the faculty portfolio assessor provides the review to the Center for Degree Acceleration it will be reviewed by the Associate Director of the center for final review. The student will be notified of the final decision of the appeal. No further action can be taken by the student after the appeal process is complete.