Skip to Main Content

Student Affairs: Forms


Students are afforded the opportunity to formally appeal university actions, decisions or class grades when they believe errors occurred or extenuating circumstances beyond the student’s control were not taken into consideration.  Several of these appeals process involve filling out forms, including those listed below.


Important advice related to filling out online forms.

Students are strongly advised to first compose their responses to all web form fields in a word processor before attempting to enter them into the online form. Drafting your responses in a word processor allows time to review and edit your response to ensure all relevant information is clearly and concisely presented to best make your case. Students who attempt to directly compose their responses in the online form also run the risk of losing their work if their session is timed out by the university portal hosting the form before they finish and submit the form.

Student Academic Appeals Form

Students with concerns involving academic decisions related to professional conduct or academic dismissal may pursue an academic appeal to the chief academic officer through this appeals process.

See the policy explanation on “Student Appeals and Grievances” as published in the Walden Student Handbook.

Go to the Student Academic Appeals Form 

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Form

Satisfactory academic progress requirements for the receipt of federal aid are separate and distinct from the university’s academic progress requirements. By submitting an appeal, you are acknowledging that you have been on financial aid warning or probation and/or you have reached the maximum academic time frame for the receipt of federal aid according to the “Walden University Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards” as published in the Walden Student Handbook and the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions.


Academic Petitions

A petition is used when requesting a waiver of a particular institutional policy due to events beyond one’s control and or legitimate circumstances that render a particular policy as not applicable.

Access the Academic Petitions form in the myWalden portal.

Student Information Release Form (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student's education records, including academic, financial and financial aid records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under a program of the U.S. Department of Education.

This act protects your personal information from being distributed to third parties without your consent, unless permitted by law. This form must be completed and returned to the appropriate University office either by fax or mail, before any information can be released to a third party (i.e., spouse, employer, etc.). This form remains on file with the University.

Access the Student Information Release Form (FERPA).