Skip to main content

About Us: Contact Us

Contacting the Office of Student Affairs

There are several email addresses within the Office of Student Affairs that are designed to serve specific areas of inquiries. Please find the appropriate contact point for your inquiry among the descriptions below.

Code of Conduct

Inquiries into policies regarding Code of Conduct can be emailed to  Policy areas include nondiscrimination, nonharassment, professional conduct, and academic integrity.


Students with concerns involving academic decisions related to professional conduct or academic dismissal may pursue an academic appeal to the chief academic officer through this appeals process.

To appeal, the student must submit an appeal to The form requires a statement of the decision that constitutes the subject matter of the appeal, the grounds on which it is being challenged, and the reasons the student believes that the decision was improperly made. The submission must also include a description of the remedy sought and the informal efforts taken to date to resolve the matter. The appeal must include an allegation of any adverse effects on the student, known to her or him at the time of filing.

This appeal must specifically address the following:

  •    Were the proper facts and criteria brought to bear on the decision?
  •    Were improper or extraneous facts or criteria brought to bear that substantially affected the decision to the detriment of the student?
  •    Were there any procedural irregularities that substantially affected the outcome of the matter to the detriment of the student?
  •    Given the proper facts, criteria, and procedures, was the decision one that a person in the position of the decision maker might reasonably have made?

This appeal may not be made on the basis of general dissatisfaction with the decision of the dean or executive director or their designees.

The appeal must be submitted to the chief academic officer of the university. An appeal and all related materials or documents must be submitted electronically within 30 calendar days of the last day of classes of the academic term in which the adverse decision occurred or should reasonably have been discovered. A delay in filing an appeal may, taking all circumstances into account, constitute grounds for its rejection.

The chief academic officer may remand the matter for further consideration to a lower administrative level (including the level at which the original appeal arose), to the coordinator for student academic integrity and conduct review, or to the university ombudsperson, unless the ombudsperson has been previously involved in addressing the issue that gave rise to the appeal. The chief academic officer may attempt to resolve the matter informally, provide a decision on the appeal, or refer the appeal, or any issue therein, to a three-person panel consisting of individuals not associated with the academic unit in which the original appeal was filed. 

Should the chief academic officer resolve the matter informally or decide the appeal, he or she shall notify the student (and the party against whose decision the appeal has been filed) in writing of the disposition made of the appeal. Should the chief academic officer refer the appeal, he or she shall inform the student (and the party against whose decision the appeal has been filed) in writing of any referral of the matter and shall specify the matters referred and the directions to the committee or person to whom the referral is made (including the time frame within which the committee or person is to report back to the chief academic officer).

Normally no more than 45 calendar days should elapse between the filing of the appeal and the disposition by the chief academic officer. If, because of absence of key persons from the university or other exigencies, the chief academic officer judges that prompt disposition is not possible, he or she shall inform the student (and the party against whose decision the appeal has been filed) of this fact in writing, and provide them with an estimate of when a disposition can be expected. The disposition of the appeal, as reported by the chief academic officer, shall be final and not subject to further appeal.

Other reasons to contact Student Affairs

Complaints, grievances, and all other inquiries not included under the Code of Conduct or Appeals areas described above can be emailed to .

  • Grievance - A grievance is a formal announcement from an individual to the university that a violation of university policy or procedure has allegedly occurred of sufficient gravity that the grievant has been impacted negatively. The grievance may be directed toward the university, a staff member, or a student.
  • Complaint - A complaint is a notice from the complainant to the university that he/she is not satisfied with a level of service, some inconvenience, technical support, or other matter that the complainant feels has detracted from his/her student experience. The university regards all such complaints as important to the improvement of the Walden student experience.

Please include a comprehensive description of the incident and any actions taken.

Student Organizations

Student Organizations can be contacted by emailing

Please contact Student Organizations with inquiries into Honor Societies, Professional Organizations, and Special Interest Organizations. 

Student organizations at Walden University must be approved and meet the guidelines set forth by the university regarding mission, constitution, bylaws, reporting, and faculty advisors.

Other sources of support outside the Office of Student Affairs


The independent Ombudsperson reports directly to the Chief Academic Officer and is not part of the Office of Student Affairs.

However, the Student Affairs team works closely with the Ombudsperson in assisting students with their concerns. Students can contact the University Ombudsperson at

Walden University has appointed a university ombudsperson to act as a resource for student concerns and policy issues as well as to assist in the academic appeals process. The ombudsperson serves as an objective party for the university, advocating for fairness. The job of the ombudsperson is to aid in the timely and impartial resolution of problems in a non-adversarial, non-litigious manner. Students are encouraged to consult the ombudsperson as a first resort when they are attempting to resolve issues informally or do not know where to address a problem or how to approach the appropriate person or committee.