Review the Common Fund programs listed on the NIH Roadmap Web site and select one of those topics to research.
MEDLINE will search the health literature and will help you locate a peer reviewed article related to your topic and NIH.
The ProQuest Central database will allow you to limit to popular publications such as magazines and newspapers.
1. Click here to access the database and login: ProQuest Central
2. Enter your topic in the search box. For example: Nanomedicine
3. Scroll down to the Source Type limit box and select: Magazines & Newspapers
4. Click the Search button to run your search.
5. Choose an article from these results and select the full text link to access it.
For this week, you will read a wide range of sources. Be sure to read through the Writing Center's page on Critical Reading to get tips on reading scholarly material effectively and efficiently. You could also read the Writing Center's great post on the importance of active reading.