Services and Guidelines
Walden University’s Department of Career Planning and Development provides the following services and resources:
- A website featuring links to job and internship opportunities, sample resumes and cover letters, networking and interviewing strategies, webinars, student success stories, and other resources;
- A video overview of our services;
- One-on-one career advising appointments where you and a career advisor collaborate to set action steps tailored to meet your specific goals;
- Live webinars on a variety of career-related topics which are archived for viewing 24/7;
- Group advising events;
- The Walden Job and Internship Locator job board;
- GoinGlobal job and internship search tool with U.S. based and global listings;
- A SkillsFirst career management system for students and alumni to build resumes, cover letters, career portfolios; and practice mock interviewing skills. Learn more about SkillsFirst here;
- A Walden University Career Planning and Development LinkedIn group to connect you with other Walden students and alumni for professional networking and sharing career information;
- A blog, Twitter, and Facebook presence to publicize our offerings and articles of interest.
One-on-one Career Advising Appointments
We highly recommend that students and alumni first view the 30–minute Discover Career Planning Resources webinar before scheduling a career advising appointment. After that, they may schedule up to three one-on-one telephone or Zoom appointments over a three-month period. Only one appointment reservation is permitted during a 24-hour period. Same day cancellations and no shows cost other students appointment slots; therefore, they are considered appointments for the purpose of this guideline.
We use appointments to educate each individual on tools and strategies that they may implement independently, with a periodic check-in with a career advisor as needed. We encourage Walden students and alumni to actively engage in meeting their career goals through taking proactive steps to strengthen their academic and experiential qualifications, build their professional networks, and have a professional resume or curriculum vitae. We expect that students and alumni act in accordance with the Walden University Student Code of Conduct in advising appointments and in all other interactions.
Due to the scientific studies showing a higher risk of car accidents from talking on a cell phone while one is driving, we do not conduct telephone or Zoom advising appointments with students while they are driving motor vehicles. If you are driving a motor vehicle at the time of your scheduled appointment, we will ask you to pull over to the side of the road to give our advising conversation your full attention or we will require that your appointment be rescheduled.
Website and Multimedia Instructional Content
The contents of this website were created by Career Planning and Development's professional staff, except where noted. The webinar recordings, videos, blog posts, and other multimedia instructional content, which are housed on various platforms and linked on this website, were also created by the Career Planning and Development's staff. All of this content is copyrighted by Walden University. The informational and instructional resources are made available online under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Please feel free to use, reuse, copy, and distribute the instructional content on our pages! We ask that you simply include a statement acknowledging us as the creators of the content and link to the Creative Commons license. Sample statement:
This instructional content was created by the Walden University Career Planning and Development and is reused under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The images are copyrighted by the respective photographers and creators; please contact us if you are interested in reusing these images.
Submit an Article to the Career Planning and Development Blog
Would you like to share a career success story or career-related tips with other Walden students and alumni? Support the Walden community by submitting a story to the Career Planning and Development blog.
Complete the Blog Story Template to submit your story for consideration.
Please send the following items to [email protected]:
- A signed copy of the Walden University Release Form. Note: This form is required for all blog contributors.
- A professional-looking photo to be included with your blog story.
- A completed Blog Story Template.