Skip to Main Content

Field Experience: School of Psychology: M.S. in Clinical Psychology Application Materials

Prerequisites to start practicum:


Prerequisites to start practicum:


Foundations for Graduate Study in Psychology


Lifespan Development


Psychopathology from a Clinical Perspective


Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice


Interventions I


Research Theory, Design, and Methods


Psychological Assessment


Interventions II


Culture and Psychology


Group Process and Dynamics (can take along practicum)


MCP Application Form

Please refer to the Meditrek tab in this web site for more information about the NEW application process for this program.

Student Malpractice Insurance Certificate

You can go to or to obtain insurance for about $35.  The Field Placement Coordinator for your program requires that students obtain insurance from either of the websites noted here to ensure that they have adequate coverage for their practicum.

Purchase Student Malpractice Insurance

Student malpractice insurance is required for the practicum. Students who maintain professional liability insurance as licensed counselors or other mental health professionals should note that this type of insurance would not substitute for student malpractice insurance. The American Professional Agency and the American Psychological Association Insurance Trust provide malpractice insurance for graduate psychology students. Students may contact the American Professional Agency and ask for the student department or visit the American Psychological Association Insurance Trust Web site. The practicum site and the university do not have to be approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to obtain student insurance for the practicum. (Note: APA does not approve practicum placements, only internships for doctoral programs.) Students are required to secure at least $1 million/3 million dollars for your limit of liability coverage.

Site supervisor’s résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)

Students are required to submit a copy of the proposed site supervisor’s résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) as part of the complete application packet. The résumé or CV should include the following information:

  • Detailed employment history, including description of job duties.
  • The proposed field experience site must be listed on the résumé or CV to show that the site supervisor is currently employed by the practicum site.
  • The résumé or CV should also show the populations that the supervisor has worked with, to ensure that the supervisor has at least 3 years of experience with the population that is to be served during the practicum experience.
  • Educational background, including degrees and dates
  • Licensure

Photo-Copy or appropriate State website copy of Site supervisor’s license

Students are required to submit a copy of the proposed site supervisor’s current license, verifying they are licensed in the state you plan to complete your practicum experience.

You can obtain a new copy from your supervisor or do a GOOGLE SEARCH for License Verifications, type in “Psychology License Verification ‘state’” and take a snap shot save.

Student's Resume/CV

Students must submit their current résumé or CV as part of the application packet.

Students should visit the Career Planning and Development website for guidance in creating a résumé and/or CV

Field Site Field Training Manual

Please provide a copy of your site’s training manual. Here is a template that you can use to create a manual if your site does not already have one. 

Field Experience at Work Site Form

The Field Experience at Work Site form is only to be completed by a student applying to use his/her place of employment as a placement site for their practicum or internship. It is crucial to understand that such an arrangement will only be authorized when there is a clear differentiation between the students paid work hours and field work. A student’s work site may be approved only if the student’s employer is willing and able to meet all field criteria and requirements.    

In Meditrek, students must indicates they are an employee of the field site in the affiliation agreement section. Once they complete that and hit submit, the section for the work form appears which gives them the link to the form. If the student has not yet indicated she/he is an employee OR she/he doesn't select that option, the work form option will not appear in her application.

State Variable Credit Request Form (counseling specialization only)

Please fill out the State Variable Credit Request Form by calling or emailing your state board to double check the credit hours required for applying for licensure in your state. You can enroll with variable credits for each of the field training courses now (3-5 credits per course).   This form only needs to be filled out by students in the MCP counseling specialization only.

Consortium Description Form

Please complete this form if you are completing your practicum or internship at two sites.  This form is required within your Meditrek application when applying for field work.