Students will learn to:
- Generate a plan for home-based/community-based counseling
- Execute safety protocols for entering and exiting clients’ homes
- Implement safety protocols for exiting and re-entering vehicles
- Evaluate clients’ home environments and surrounding areas for safety and potential risks
- Manage unforeseen client behaviors when providing home-based/community-based counseling
Students must also complete the field site’s home-based/community-based counseling and safety plan training before being approved to participate in home-based/community-based services.