Training for Students
Paving the Way to Field Experience: Setting Up for Success
Counseling Masters' Programs Field Experience Student Orientation
Student Telemental Health Services Training
Home-Based and Community-Based Safety Training
Students will learn to:
- Generate a plan for home-based/community-based counseling
- Execute safety protocols for entering and exiting clients’ homes
- Implement safety protocols for exiting and re-entering vehicles
- Evaluate clients’ home environments and surrounding areas for safety and potential risks
- Manage unforeseen client behaviors when providing home-based/community-based counseling
Multiple Relationships: Manager as Supervisor Training
Training for Site Supervisors
Site Supervisor Orientation
In accordance with CACREP standards, Walden requires that each site supervisor complete a Site Supervisor Orientation to inform them of program policies and procedures.
Foundations in Counseling Supervision
Foundations in Counseling Supervision is a free course in counseling supervision worth 1.5 Continuing Education credits. The Learning Objectives for the course are as follows:
- Understand the purpose of supervision for supervisees
- Gain knowledge of qualities for effective supervision
- Gain knowledge of supervision models
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and clinical issues of supervision
- Learn how to address distinct issues related to supervision
Distance-Based Supervision for Site Supervisors
No-cost NBCC hours
In recognition of your service to the profession and Walden’s students, Walden University’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program (ACEP 4546) offers NBCC hours to our site supervisors free of charge. Click on the links below for registration, description, presenter, and other information.
Thank you for your service to the profession and to our wonderful students!
Home Study Options:
Information about synchronous offerings are sent via email. Stay tuned and join us soon!