This award recognizes excellence in academic performance as an undergraduate student who embodies the ideals expressed in Walden University’s core values and a commitment to serving humankind. Presented bi-annually (Summer and Winter Commencement) for Distinguished Scholarship, Service and Citizenship honoring a graduating undergraduate for excellence in scholarship.
Nominations open: Year-round, deadline October 22, 2023
Recipient announced: Board of Directors Honors and Awards Ceremony
Nominees: Graduating Undergraduate Students
Nominators: Students self-nominate for the award.
The Academic Performance award recognizes undergraduate students who have demonstrated academic excellence by maintaining a 3.0 cumulative GPA and provided outstanding service over the duration of their time at Walden.
Eligibility for nomination is based on Walden’s core value of scholarship. Award recipients must be in good academic and disciplinary standing and demonstrate a balance of academic and co-curricular excellence. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is expected for award recipients.
- Students must be eligible for graduation with degree conferral between June 8 - December 6, 2023.
- Student self-nominate by applying for the award.
- One undergraduate student will be selected per college as the college winner.
- Richard W. Riley College of Education and Human Sciences
- College of Nursing
- College of Health Sciences and Public Policy
- College of Management and Human Potential
- College of Social and Behavioral Health
- College of Psychology and Community Services
- College of Allied Health
- School of Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Studies
- One undergraduate student will be selected as the overall winner.
Note: The overall winner will be invited to the Board of Directors Honors and Awards Ceremony for the presentation of the award.
If you have any questions, contact [email protected].
Summer 2023: Jessica Austin, College of Health Sciences and Public Policy
Winter 2023: Kelly Murphy, College of Health Sciences and Public Policy
Summer 2022: Sandra Boyo Wujum, College of Management and Human Potential
Winter 2022: Kassandra Nieves, College of Health Professions
Summer 2021: Hilary Moore, Bachelor of Social Work, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Winter 2021: Daniela Hernández Sánchez, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, College of Management and Technology
Summer 2020: Shelly Elkington, College of Health Professions
Winter 2020: Brian Campbell, College of Health Professions
Summer 2019: Rachel Colletta, College of Health Professions
Winter 2019: Carolyn Klug, College of Health Professions
Summer 2018: Lourdes A. Rodriguez, Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership