Graduate students and alumni who present refereed or peer-reviewed papers or posters at regional, national, or international meetings or publish papers in peer-reviewed journals based on work completed at Walden are eligible for a $300 honorarium. Graduate students and alumni can receive the honorarium only once per academic year (September 1–August 31).
The criteria and procedures for applying for the honorarium are as follows:
- Following the presentation, the student/graduate must submit to the dean of his or her academic unit a hard copy of appropriate sections of the conference program showing the conference name and presentation title/abstract and date, and the name, title, and academic institutional affiliation of the presenter.
- Walden must be the only academic institutional affiliation listed for the student/graduate receiving the honorarium.
- The student/graduate must complete and submit Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. The form may be obtained from the academic unit’s administrative assistant.
- For current students, the presentation/poster session must be based on work conducted as a Walden student. For alumni, the presentation/poster session must be based on the thesis, research project, or dissertation.
- The presentation/poster session must be presented at a regional, national, or international meeting.
- The presentation/poster session must have been refereed or peer-reviewed.
- The student/graduate must personally make the presentation or accompany the poster session.
To apply for honoraria, students should submit all documentation to the administrative support team in their respective academic unit.