In your Meditrek account, you have access to a list of all of the current affiliation agreements that Walden University has with various field sites around the country and around the world.
To access the list:
- Log into Meditrek (https://edu.meditrek.com)
- Select "Search Affiliation Agreements"
- Select "Counseling" in the School dropdown. Also consider selecting other programs (Psychology, Social Work) in this dropdown to see additional potentially viable sites. We don't recommend using the "Program" dropdown in most cases, as this may limit the options displayed more than necessary. Do keep in mind, though, that some sites are appropriate for some counseling programs and not others (i.e. schools).
- Enter your city and/or state to see the active agreements that Walden University has with potential field sites in your area.
- Before you contact the site, do an internet search to determine what type of organization it is and if they might have opportunities that would be appropriate for your counseling program.
Email email@example.com to request your Meditrek login credentials, or for other assistance with Meditrek.
Disclaimer - Please Read:
This database includes all the active agreements that Walden University has with various field sites for programs throughout the university. Walden actively pursues affiliation agreements with new field sites whenever possible, so please contact the appropriate field experience representative for your program to discuss options if your desired field site is not listed here. Some field sites may not be appropriate for some programs/specializations and an active agreement between Walden and the field site will not require a site to take on any particular Walden student, as space and programs may be limited. You will need to work directly with the field site to ensure their willingness and ability to take you on as a student during the time period that aligns with your course. You will also need to complete the application process as required for your program. The presence of an active agreement with a field site does not imply an automatic approval of your field experience plans.