Skip to main content
Doctoral Internship Application Process Overview
Create Individual Internship Plan and Secure Field Site(s)
- Students should create and Individual Internship Plan and secure the necessary field site(s) in accordance with the Doctoral Internship requirements outlined in the Field Experience Manual
- Use the Site Search Resources and ask for help if you need it!
- Complete any application and/or interview processes as required by the field site(s).
Prepare to Submit Doctoral Internship Application
- Complete all of the required forms and obtain necessary documents prior to submitting your application in Meditrek
- Complete Doctoral Individual Internship Plan form.
- Work with your site contact(s) to complete the appropriate Learning Agreement for each domain and/or field site.
- Work with your clinical supervisor (for Counseling experiences only) to complete the Clinical Supervision Contract.
- Secure Professional Liability Insurance
Submit Doctoral Internship Application
- Program faculty will review the details of your Individual Internship Plan to determine the fit of your proposed field experience with program requirements.
- You may be asked for additional information and/or revisions, so it is imperative that you monitor your Walden email closely.
- The SOC-OFE operations coordinator will determine if Walden University has a current Affiliation Agreement with your proposed field site(s) and will contact your field site(s) to establish new agreement(s), if needed.
- The SOC-OFE operations coordinator will perform an Eligibility Audit to ensure that the prerequisite requirements for the field experience have been met.
- You will receive final approval decision via Walden email