See your intensive retreat registration confirmation email for detailed information about What to Bring to the retreat.
- Laptop (fully charged).
- Current copies of your premise or proposal (if you do not have a written draft of your premise or proposal, bring your identified research question).
- Copies or resources for your literature review and conceptual framework.
- Any research articles (hardcopy or electronic files) for the literature related to your problem.
- APA manual.
- A list of questions you would like to have answered.
- Complete the Emergency Contact Information form prior to arrival at the retreat. Watch your Walden email for a link to complete this form approximately one week prior to the retreat start date.
- Dress as you would for professional conferences and other professional meetings; business casual is strongly encouraged. Please be aware that room temperatures in meeting rooms at residency venues may vary; therefore, we suggest dressing in layers to allow maximum flexibility in adjusting to the room temperatures.
- Although breakfast and lunch is provided each full meeting day, you may pack non-perishable food items or visit a local grocery or convenience store upon arrival to reduce evening meal dining expenses. You may also check with the host hotel to see if they can provide a refrigerator and/or a microwave oven in your sleeping room (if available, additional fees and taxes may be billed to your sleeping room). If you choose to dine in the residency venue establishments and/or select nearby, non-fast-food options, you should budget approximately $15-$25 (plus tax and tip) for evening meal dining expenses.