Coaching Skills Virtual Intensive (CSVI) Overview
The Coaching Skills Virtual Intensive (CSVI) DRWI-8508/8508V is available for MS and PhD students seeking the Evidence Based Coaching Certificate. This intensive experience immerses students into the coaching context to reinforce knowledge and practice skills acquired during IPSY 6753/8753: Leadership Coaching: Theories, Concepts, and Processes. It also draws upon the foundational background gained regarding leadership and its development in IPSY 6755/8755.
Students will participate in live virtual coaching sessions assuming various roles, including coach, client, and observer. Each of the synchronous coaching practice sessions emphasize Board Certified Coach (BCC) competencies and associated ethical guidelines as well as best practices in coaching. After a daily overview session, participants will be broken out into small groups who will work closely with designated faculty over the four-day intensive and be immersed in the coaching process, practice requisite coaching skills, and demonstrate their coaching competency. Participants will be provided systematic feedback by the instructor and peers utilizing a comprehensive rubric based on the BCC competencies. Daily journal entries by participants will capture their experiences in the practice coaching sessions, the role of the BCC competencies, and their personal development as a coach. A final project requires and reflection on skills learned during the intensive, which will draw from the daily journal entries made.
The following are key learning outcomes you will be expected to achieve as part of your CSVI experience:
- Analyze the use of leadership coaching for leadership development.
- Review/Employ the Stages in a Coaching Engagement.
- Review/Employ Best Practices in Effective Coaching.
- Apply models, approaches, and frameworks to leadership development coaching.
- Apply individual and team strategies to leadership development coaching.
- Analyze professional issues/challenges in leadership development coaching.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the BCC competencies.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the BCC ethical guidelines.
- Demonstrate mastery of BCC competencies and adherence to ethical guidelines through hands-on application of coaching skills.