Skip to main content
Video Recording and Uploading Tips
- Prepare a script of what you will say. This may come in handy if you need to provide a transcript of your video.
- If your camera records in HD (high-definition), be sure to turn this off if possible).
- Eliminate as much background noise as possible.
- When recording a video with your webcam, try to make eye contact with the camera instead of yourself on the screen.
- Make sure that you have sufficient background lighting. Alternately, if you are recording near a window, it may be best to close blind/curtains to avoid too much light.
- Always watch and listen to your video prior to uploading it for all to see.
- To upload a video from a mobile device you will first need to move the file to a computer and then upload it to Blackboard.
- The following file formats are accepted by the Kaltura Media uploader - flv, asf, qt, mov, mpg, avi, wmv, mp4, 3gp, f4v, m4v.
- If your file size is larger than 500MB (smaller if you are on a weak internet connection), you must attempt to decrease the size of the file. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the “Reducing the Size of a Video File” document that you have been provided.
- If your video is sideways, it is recommended that you rotate it prior to uploading it to Blackboard.