Office of Military Services
The Military Services team provides support to military students and their families through collaboration, education, and advocacy. Our support extends into the following areas:
- Serve as advocates on military related issues for students and at the institutional level
- Act as a liaison between student and the VA to help students understand their military benefits as it relates to their education
- Certifies enrollment to the VA for students using their VA benefits
- Conducts Military Leave of Absence review
- Works with the different military agencies to maintain compliance
Office of Military Services Staff
Manager, Military Services: Ann Thao
Ann Thao, Manager Military Services, has been with Walden University since 2006. She served as the Sr. Military Services Specialist and Supervisor of Walden’s student records imaging project and transitioned into the Military Services role shortly thereafter. Ann is committed to serving the military community as her father served in the military. She also enjoys the outdoors and crafting. Ann manages student calls, overpayments, the Military Services website, and reporting requirements for VA.
Sr. Military Services Specialist: Fatima Benkhadda
Fatima Benkhadda, Sr. Military Services Specialist, has been with Walden University since 2008. She is from a military family as her father and brother both served with a nephew currently serving. Fatima has international work experience working in North Africa and the Middle East and graduated with a legal studies degree. She speaks French, English, and Arabic and enjoy traveling, cooking, baking, and reading about world history. Fatima manages certifications, Tuition Assistance, and TEMPO program.