Benefits of membership
MORE THAN JUST HONOR CORDS AT GRADUATION!
- Once you are an official member of the Omega Zeta Chapter of CSI you can get started getting involved and showing you CSI spirit!
- All members receive a CSI certificate and membership pin
- All members can pick up CSI name tag flags at pre-prac experiences & commencements
- CSI members have access to the CSI store on the national site. Show your CSI pride with t-shirts, bags, cups, pencils, pens, vera Bradley bags, computer covers and more.
- All members can apply for the chapter scholarship for pre-prac, ACA, books, and license fees (see our chapter information page above for details)
- All members can apply for grants and scholarships offered by the national site
- All member can submit book, movie, and resource review for the CSI counselor bookshelf
- All members can reach out to other member for networking purposes
- All member can submit to present a poster session at CSI days at the ACA conference
- All members can enter the CSI ethics contest
- All members can earn FREE CEUs from chapter and national webinars
- Order your honor cords to wear of hang over your diploma the quarter you are set to graduate!
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Students who meet the qualifications will be sent a formal invitation letter via e-mail the first week of the spring and fall quarters. The letter contains information about the open enrollment period (which is usually first week of the quarter). In addition, it includes the steps required to join our chapter of CSI.
If, during the open enrollment period, you do not receive an invitation, and you believe you should have received one please contact the chapter faculty advisor [email protected] or [email protected].
Items of important note are:
1)You will be contacted regarding enrollment if you qualify. Contacting us, regarding this matter during other points in the year, has no effect on your qualification and we cannot determine your qualification until the open enrollment period.
2)Enrolling for membership outside of the enrollment period results in a denial of your enrollment and your money is refunded.
3)Chi Sigma International will charge you a fee for the administrative cost of refunding your funds. Do not enroll for membership at the Chi Sigma Iota International Website at any time other than the enrollment period for this reason.
In order to be considered a member of the Chi Sigma Iota, Omega Zeta a student must meet the following requirements:
- Student is enrolled in the School of Counseling (SOC); Masters level or CES
- Completion (rather than enrollment in) of at least 16 academic quarter credits
- Have a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Successful completion (rather than enrollment in) of Pre-prac 1
- Is not involved in a Student Development program (skills or dispositions)
For more information about our Omega Zeta chapter of Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) please visit: