Skip to main content

Registrar Support: Submitting Your Official Transcripts from a Prior School

Submitting Your Official Transcripts from a Prior School

Students must provide their official transcripts during the admissions process. Those who do not have an official transcript on file at time of admission will be admitted conditionally. Until the official transcript is received, students will have a Contingency Hold placed on their account. Once the official transcript has been received, you will have met the conditions of your admissions and the Contingency Hold will be removed.

For a transcript to be considered official, it must be sent directly from a student's alma mater to Walden directly. By coming directly from the alma mater to Walden, we are able to confirm that the information is official and has not been changed.

If the transcript is sent via the post from your alma mater to you, you should not open the signed/sealed envelope that contains your transcript. Instead, please mail the unopened envelope directly to Walden.

Important to Know:

  • Any transfer of credit identified in your initial Program of Study from a previous degree will not be confirmed until the receipt of your official transcript(s).
  • Failure to provide official transcripts will prevent you from being registered for any future courses.

Your official transcripts should be sent by your alma mater to Walden in one of the following ways:

  1. By Email
  2. By Postal Mail (If you are using this method, we would recommend that your university use a service that will allow you to track the progress of the posted items.)
    Walden University
    Office of Admissions
    650 South Exeter Street
    Baltimore, MD 21202