Personal Capture enables you to create multi-stream recordings using a vast array of recording devices such as integrated webcams or a professional USB/HDMI connected video camera. You can automatically capture video, audio, and screen in parallel. Personal Capture can record up to four video streams simultaneously. You can also record presentations or capture the screen. With advanced features like live drawing and editing, you can enhance the viewer's experience.
The most efficient way to manage all of your Media is through the MyMedia module on your Blackboard Home page. If you do not see the My Media module on your My Institution page, you can click the Add Module button to locate it. You will find it in the “Other” category.
1. Click My Media from you Blackboard Home page.
2. On the My Media page, click on the Add New menu button and select Personal Capture.
3. The first time you access Personal Capture, you will be prompted to install it. Refer to these download instructions.
4. Once Personal Capture launches, it will look like this. Click on the red button to begin recording:
5. When you are finished with your recording, click the Stop button. You can change the title of your media as well as add a video description and tags (optional). Then click the Save button.
6. You must then upload your video if you did not select Save & Upload. If you do not upload it right away, your video will remain saved within Personal Capture indefinitely, and you will have the ability to come back and upload it later.
7. You should then receive a confirmation page once the upload is complete.
Drawing tools are available when recording the screen. The drawing tools can be used to draw freely on the screen during the recording. You can stress important points by drawing a circle around them or to highlight important aspects. Anytime during a recording, you can click on the pencil icon to use the drawing tools.
For more information on this topic, please contact Customer Care at email@example.com.