Skip to main content

Servicemembers: Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance

Military Tuition Assistance is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application process and restrictions. If you are unsure if you are eligible and would like to learn more, please visit your Education Service Specialist or Education Service Officer of your respective branch.

If you are eligible and apply to use TA at Walden, you must submit your voucher/authorization to

The military will pay Walden directly for the amount approved by your branch.

Requesting Tuition Assitance

Please visit your Education Office on your local base.

Please visit your local Education Services Officer to request TA.

Loading ...


To be eligible for Top-Up you must be approved for federal tuition assistance and be eligible for GI Bill® benefits.  If you have not yet applied for your GI Bill, you should complete an application with the VA and indicate that you plan to use Top-Up.  

Please be aware that you must always submit your Request for Tuition Assistance at least two weeks prior to your course start date to allow enough processing time for the University and your Education Center. Likewise, Tuition & Fees must be posted in your student account before you submit your TA request.

If you are using TA Top Up, once the request is approved by both the school and the Education Office(r), you will need to go back into the GoArmyEd Portal to save the TA Authorization Form and send the document to and CC